Blog Award

Blog Award
My first Blog Award

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year= CI Card for a farewall to a co worker

One of my co-workers is leaving to work for another organization this week.  So with Aulde Lang Syne:
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,


and never brought to mind ?

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

and auld lang syne* ?  I made this card:




So many of you may recognize the paper.  It is from SU.  It may be retired, but I had a pack of it and thought I should use it up.
 
The Cartridge I used was for the Cricut Imagine called Lori's Garden.  This cartridge was for the circle members who purchased their Cricut Imagine during the first HSN launch.  It is a beautiful cartidge and I do hope it is made available to the public soon.  I did see it on ebay but it was pricey.
 
I always use a scor-pal and I used my scor-pal buddy (thanks Dianna I love this tool) for this particular project.  Why?  I love the fact that everything is done in intervals so if I need to score at 1/18"  I can. 

This card is a tri-fold fancy card if you click the link you will find the directions on Cindy Lawrence's website.  These are very clear directions she has posted.

Here is the card laying flat without the ribbon closure

Here is the card standing up and open

Here is looking down from the top of the card,  You can see why it is called tri=fold.

"inside" of the card so to speak.  Love this Lori's garden cart.  I cut it in layer mode and used 3M dimensional foam tape to make the layers pop up.

"back" panel of the card.

more of the card open

front of the card.  the tag is in layers and reads "best wishes"

I love how the CI images match so well with the SU paper.  What is nice is that I can have the rest of my coworkers sign the back of the card.  This was my first time making this type of card, but it was very easy.  Hope you try this.  Please leave me a comment.  -Linda

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card. Tri-Folld is my favorite card to make and yet I have not made one using the Imagine. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
    ~Sarah
    simplyshaddock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete